Most people think little of finding mold inside their homes. After all, a little mold on a piece of bread won’t kill the consumer, so why discard it? The same can be said with mold inside your home. If it is just a little mold, how bad can it really be?
What people fail to understand is that there are dangerous side effects of household mold. Not only will mold damage the structure of your home, but it can affect the health of the occupants.
Just like trees, and other species, mold comes in many different varieties. In fact, studies show there are at least 1,000 different types of mold that can grow within the typical American home. What they are called depends upon the effects granted onto humans and pets alike.
Thankfully, regardless of the different type of mold discovered, the side-effects of mold sickness are relatively the same on all counts.
- Foggy thoughts and temporary memory loss, loss of focus, & headaches
- A weakness of the muscles, and exhaustion
- Joint Pain, constant nerve pain, and random muscle pains
- Tingling and numbness within the body
- Sensitivity to lights with one’s eyes
- Coughing or shortness of breath
- Slight tremors of the body
- Change in appetite, diarrhea, nausea, and abdominal pains
- Metallic Tastes in one’s mouth
- Irregular body temperatures changing at random intervals
- Increased urination and a higher intake of liquids in order to stay hydrated
Having just one of these symptoms can indicate a mold issue in your home, but having several can indicate more serious health issues. These are likely to increase for people who have health issues, the elderly, and infants. If you or anyone within your household start experiencing one or all of these symptoms, get in contact with a doctor immediately. The sooner you get checked out, the sooner that the illness can be treated and its side-effects negated so that proper health can be restored to yourself or your family if you do not live alone. You also want to make sure you contact a certified professional mold remediation company that can inspect your home and remove any signs of mold and mold spores.
Mold is common within many homes, and it does not strike quickly. As a matter of fact, the growth of mold can go unnoticed for months, perhaps even years. And if it does remain unnoticed, then the spores can detach themselves from wherever mold has grown, and find their way into the airways or bloodstreams of any humans or animals within the contaminated areas.
But, you don’t have to deal with this issue alone! If in fact, if you suspect mold within your home, the professionals at Red Star Restoration are here to grant you aid and relief! Available 24/7 in the Connecticut area, their personnel will make sure that any mold within your home is not only located but also entirely eradicated. 203- 806 5603.